Sunday, July 27, 2008

New portrait. 7-27-08


I have been thinking that while painting from photographs and ads from fashion spread, is certainly nice, and it has helped me find some symmetry in my facial features, I am beginning to feel like I have lost some of my "originality and spontaneity " in my work. The faces are pleasant enough to look at but what are they telling me or the viewer...I answered that with a "not much." So now I need to find a balance and continue to reveal feelings and emotions with my portraits. With that being said. I started another portrait from a photo. This one is supposed to be a likeness of my daughter. Whether it is or not is not important. I just need to be able to translate some of myself into the work and it simply is not there...


sigh....

k

1 comment:

Undaunted said...

I can see that this piece is going to be as beautiful as the last one. The background is gorgeous! How did you do it?