Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Found Art Tuesday- 4/3/07: Green




Green has always evoked strong feelings of Spring and rebirth for me. In the past when using green as a theme, I indeed used floral motifs in the work. But this time I kept thinking about envy and the saying "green with envy." This little shipping tag is what came out of my head. In general, women wish they had more diamonds or bigger diamonds than their friends. Diamonds are sometimes a status symbol. So I thought that a hand dangling a diamond in front of many eyes would cover the envy feeling. If envy has a color, green indeed works!

k

1 comment:

Kari said...

This tag definitely has envy written all over it! The use of the eyes and the power of the arm cutting through the tag, really works well. Another fabulous piece!

Kari x