Monday, September 25, 2006

found art Tuesday 9/26/06





I can't believe how fast this one came together. I was finishing up a couple of deco pages and the idea just sort of announced itself as I was working. And so, while waiting for various items to dry, I started on this work for found art Tuesday. The theme is key.

This past Saturday I picked up a September menu from Le Petite Marche (Dawn's Bread). This little bistro is a well kept secret, tucked away in downtown Crystal lake, Illinois. They have a wonderful wine selection, cheeses from around the world, breads, and pastries to please the sweet tooth. I like the idea of using or altering a coaster, menu, or what ever I can pick up free from local establishments. In turn, I leave the finished art piece at that establishment for someone to find.

This collage uses a child's flash card as the base. The background paper is the menu I picked up from Dawn's Bread and I spent about 15 minutes looking for phrases in a travel magazine. Acrylics, inks, rubber stamps, found papers, and stickers, were used to complete the work.

I plan on leaving this at Dawn's Bread tomorrow (Tuesday). Dawn, the owner and chief chef, is a patron of the arts and I secretly hope she finds it :)

k

1 comment:

Rosa Murillo said...

Kathy, I love this! I like the idea of using the menus! I hope the owner finds it too!! I'm sure she'll love it :)