Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Crystal Lake Christmas Parade: 11-26-10


Colin, the Nutcracker and his Clara
 The day after Thanksgiving is always a Christmas decorating day for our family.  We pulled out the Santa's, the nutcrackers, the holly and pine cones, the wreath and greenery, the linens, the tree, the lights...you get the idea.  Of course half of that stuff is sitting on my living room carpet but we did manage to get a good portion of the works up and in place.  It will take me another couple of days to finish the tree.  Oh and then I have pointe shoes to sew (the dastardly Gaynor-Mindens), and Colin's canvas ballet slippers as well. I really need to stop dreaming about getting back into my studio, even though the need is strong.  Preparations for the Nutcracker have barely begun.  My son and daughter have had several "guest" appearances in and around the area with one of the first being the Christmas parade.  I did not get many pictures but these two will give you an idea of the motley crew that participated.  Everyone froze.  I guess that is a tradition around here.  It wouldn't be the same if one could feel their hands and feet during the parade.  And so, onward to the craziness.  Even though I cease to exist in December, I would not have it any other way!  Happy December first!

the motley crew:  Colin, the rat king (AKA Rachel), to the right of the rat king is
my Claire (Colin's twin) as a caroler, Emily, is Clara, on the other side of the rat king, her twin
Jenny (next to my Claire),Sugar Plum Fairy (AKA Fabi) and another caroler
(AKA Helen- far right).


No comments: