Monday, November 29, 2010

Time never stops....11-29-10

Where did this month go?  How did I get through Thanksgiving?  How many more days until Nutcracker or Christmas for that matter?  I feel like I have been floating through this last month, sort of looking down on the days as they pass.  We've been holiday busy as I am sure most of you have been.  Thanksgiving week was a blur of cleaning and cooking and eating.  And now we press onto Christmas.  I do hope your Thanksgiving was filled with good family memories and for those who do not celebrate this holiday, I do hope your month of December celebrations are shaping up nicely.

More class participants

Claire and her purse

Right before Thanksgiving I finished up a class in which we altered ballerina pointe shoes and satin purses and sandals.  I promised to post some pictures and because these past few weeks have been blurs, well I am just getting to posting them.  I did finish a very special pointe shoe, the Nutcracker 2010 shoe, for the Judith Svalander School of ballet.  That was the secret that I was working on.  I presented it to Mrs. Svalander right before the holiday and I am thinking she loved it :))))  So here you can see some happy participants and their creations.  I really loved this class because it was so laid back.  No pressure to create a master piece...just fun.  My kind of class.  Enjoy the photos!!!

Nutcracker Altered Pointe shoe
altered purse






altered flip flop

altered purse





more altered pointe shoes


2 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Your Nutcracker shoe is lovely. I'll bet the school really appreciated it. Class looks like fun too.

Pam said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the altered shoes/flipflops/ballet shoes! I like the painting that was donated too; its coloration is lovely. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog and thank you for letting me know you appreciate my writing. It means so much to me.