Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Update: Paper Packets and Christmas Cards Arrived

I have been remiss in posting Paper Packet photos from The Studio.  Tami, thank you for sending me photos these last couple of weeks.  Time has just escaped me but now that I have surfaced from my Nutcracker fog...I can get back to reality (more on the Nutcracker in the next post).  So here is how they are looking.  Lucy hung the packets in various places outside her studio in an enclosed patio of sorts.  The space is surrounded by four brick walls of the adjacent buildings.  It is a cute space and perfect for the exposing the packets to the elements.  I will share with you a few photos so you can get an idea of how this project is proceeding.  In February, we will meet to open the packets up, dry the papers, and begin the creative process.
The papers have been exposed to sun, rain, snow and ice.  I have said it before, but I can't wait to take a look at some of these packets once they have been opened. 

As a side note, my Christmas cards from Vista Print arrived 14 business days after I ordered them. I received an email from the company that they were to arrive on Dec 7th.  I received them on Dec. 13th.  Needless to say, I was not happy at all.  Let me say once again, a lot of my artist Internet friends use Vista Print.  However, it only takes one bad experience for me and I simply won't use them again.  The quality of the cards was nice, nothing spectacular though.  I just now got the last of the cards mailed.  I hate working up to the last minute like this but at least they are on their way.  No, I did not call to complain although I suppose I should have.  I have the product, the cards are out, my form of protest will be never to use them again.
k

November


November
 

December

December


December

No comments: