Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Feel the Warmth" Fount Art for 10-10-06





This past week I was down and out with a stomach flu. I hate that. On Monday I was so wrought with fever that I could not even function. The kids all had major exams and I could not even hold a notebook to quiz them. My "poor" husband had to fill in for me. I was pretty much out of it for three days. I missed out on Found Art Tuesday too. Just did not feel like "art." Rosa posted a theme of "Home." I did manage to start it but did not finish. Maybe I will finish it this week and leave it somewhere anyway.

By Thursday I was feeling human again. I did a couple of deco pages and cleaned the house! On Friday my family and I went to see the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. I came away with my own little treasures, a collection of artifact cards from various tombs, including Tut's. They should be fun to alter. This exhibit was absolutely fabulous. If you ever get a chance to see it, GO! The jewelry was incredible, as were the sculptures.

So that brings us to the theme for this upcoming week's Found Art, Sun. Now that I was feeling so much better, I actually felt like catching some rays. The Title of the work is "Feel the Warmth." It is a mixed media piece on a child's flash card. I just love altering things like that. Hand-dyed papers were used along with inks, and acrylics. I actually drew the main figure...and I don't draw, but Rosa's work convinced me I could do whatever I feel like...so why not experiment? This work is about the joy of sunshine, feeling the warmth of the sun's rays on my skin, savoring that warmth because it will soon be winter here in northern Illinois.. If I could actually catch those rays, what would I do with them?

k

No comments: