Friday, March 21, 2008

Snowy Day in McHenry 3-21-08


Gosh, my 15 year old was wearing flip flops yesterday and today we have 9 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing! It has been a cuddle day. All of us are home so we spent the late morning visiting with some new friends who came over to meet our greyhounds, and then we cuddled together on the sofas and watched movies. I managed to sneak off and continue work on my mountain scape exercise. It has been at least 2 weeks since I have had paint on my hand!


This is sort of the next phase in this exercise where a colored wash is added. Ms. Beam recommends using acrylics, heavy bodied, in the mountains followed ;by watercolor washes. I decided to use acrylics applied very thinned down. Next I will add some opaque colors, begin to define the mountains and then sketch in some distant peaks. What fun this is!


K

No comments: