Thursday, November 29, 2007

Virtues in Rhyme Series: With Peace in Her Heart.



I have started a little series of 4 paintings, mixed media and collage, which when finished, will read as a little poem. Each title will stand on its own but when the four are placed on the wall together, the four titles will complete a poem. I have titled the series, Virtues in Rhyme.

I have been a big fan of Matthew Kelly for years. After finishing his book, Perfectly Yourself, 9 Lesson for Enduring Happiness, I decided to pick some of my favorite virtues and create works around them. The poem idea just sort of happened.
http://www.amazon.com/Perfectly-Yourself-Lessons-Enduring-Happiness/dp/0345494407/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196363260&sr=1-3

The work is 8 by 10 finished size and the drawing was done on top of the collaged papers. Usually I will draw my work on altered papers and then collage them to a painted background so this is a little different. The title is "With Peace in Her Heart." And the second one in this series is almost completed. I just have to varnish it. The title for that piece will be "Hope in her Soul." These works are for the Raue Center show next May.

K



No comments: