Thursday, August 10, 2006

August Exploration Results: 3 ATCs






















I used the papers made in the previous post for some ATCs. The small works were completed pretty darn fast because the backgrounds sort of spoke to me. I knew that the paper painted with shades of reds would be used for one ATC with a Mexico/Frida theme. I primarily used rubber stamps and permanent inks to create the art. The second ATC is collage done with Talbot's methods. There is one image that came from a rubber stamp. The third ATC was created from the paper with shades of blues. I chose rubber stamps again and a die-cut thingie. The ATCs are for a swap that I have due at the end of this month so this exploration was timely for me.



K

4 comments:

primdollie said...

Oh these are fun!! I love creating fun backgrounds and then having them to use for ATC's!! nice pieces and LOVE the Frida one and the red great colors!!!

Kathy L said...

Thanks Linda

Frida is one of my favs. Love to use her image in a lot of my work.

k

Kari said...

Oooh, don't they work well?

I often make stashes of backgrounds for last minute pieces (they are often last minute, LOL!), and yours have certainly given me some ideas.

Cheers!
Kari x

Kathy L said...

Kari,

You know what is so great about this blog thing? That we can share our thoughts on the process and gather ideas from like-minded artists. I look at the work that you post on your blog and drool.

k