Thursday, April 10, 2008

Found Art TUesday for 4-8-08- Sending out a good message


A little late, but in before the next found art topic! Well I have had this sort of theme in my head for some time. You know that commercial for Target where they show clips of people doing thing together and just being together. There is a song playing with the words that repeat over and over: We're all in this together." Anyway I could not get those words out of my head. It is true on many levels, is it not...we are all here sharing this magnificent Earth. All races, all countries share the same planet. I had this picture of my Mom (on the left) and some of her friends. I thought it might be perfect for these words. This literally took seconds to do. I painted over an old ATC that I never liked much and gave it new life. As for where I will leave it...?????
On another note, I am just about finished with my soon to be donated piece. I used the words "We are in this together." So you see...the saying has been with me for a while and this just shows how persuasive advertising is....Although they did not get me to go shopping at Target :))))
k
PS. Thank you for your kind comments on the work below. I am pleased with the outcome and I am letting it sit for a day or two before I varnish it :)

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

I like what you did and what it says.